Saturday, 19 April 2014

The Only Book You'll Need

I recently downloaded a book to my Kindle. This book is the Writers and Artists Yearbook and it's got all the advice you'll need for writing articles and who to sub to and how to do it. As well as having listings of the many magazines that accept pitches and submissions, they also have a couple of articles on the subject of article writing too.

So armed with the Easter holidays which signal more time to write, the yearbook, a few copies of different magazines and my computer you know what I'll be up to this week! I thoroughly recommend this book as it will help you. Sometimes, trying to come up with an idea and a pitch for articles can seem overwhelming, but if you don't try you'll never know. So it's time to sit down, come up with a few ideas, write the pitches and send them off. Don't be afraid to be adventurous.

Let me know how you get on with your pitches too.

Also, if you're on Facebook - why not head on over to The Writers' Café? It's a page I have set up that is a virtual café for all writers where we discuss all things writing and have a nice virtual cuppa and a lovely virtual slice of cake. If you've got any questions, something you want to get off your chest, or you just want somewhere to hang out that is warm and welcoming then do join us.

Happy writing
Julie xx

1 comment: