Saturday, 16 February 2013

Capture the Sun


I know that it's not possible to capture the sun. It's too hot - you don't say! But, isn't it amazing how this huge ball of energy that shines down on our planet makes us all feel just that little bit better about life? How do those rays do that? The grey, misty rain we are so used to makes way for the warmth and colour of the sun and suddenly the world seems a better place.
  

I think writing articles should be a little like that. There's far too much doom and gloom going on in the world and I think our articles can help to counterbalance that. Inject some of that solar energy into your writing. No, I haven't gone all New Age - not that there is anything wrong with that. I just think if we can infuse our writing with energy and drive and a new perspective, our enthusiasm and positivity for the subject will shine through. People want to read something dynamic not boring.

So while you're planning your next pitches and writing projects, remember how that first warmth of the sun against your cheek after the cold winter feels and see if you can't tickle your typing into passing that feeling along to editors and readers who want to be made to feel good from what they read not bored and miserable!

Happy reading

Julie xx

2 comments:

  1. Living in the Spanish sun is a great motivator, which I attribute to the light that stimulates me. Until the dreaded month of August when excessive temperatures drain all motivation and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how much better we feel when the sun is shining isn't it, Rob - but I'm with you. I don't like it too hot and it has the same effect on me - here's to a cool breeze!
    Juie

    ReplyDelete