Thursday, 13 December 2012

Where Next?

When was the last time you went to a newsagents, randomly picked up a magazine you've never read before, taken it home and read it, noting down ideas for articles you could write for that magazine? I must admit that I don't do this half as much as I should do. But, as a freelance writer, I need this spontaneity to kick start my creativity and write about something new. And if you want to continue being published, it would be a good idea for you to do it more often too.

I've challenged myself to pick up at least one new magazine a week and to come up with article ideas for that magazine - I will check if they take subs from freelancers first as I don't want to waste my time on magazines that don't. I also intend to send out at least one article pitch a day -  I know, it sounds a tall order, but I have lots of article ideas every day and so it will just be a case of me honing them and channelling them towards the appropriate magazine. It's not impossible and it will be interesting for me to see how I get on and what my success rate will be!

What is your writing challenge going to be for you in 2013?

Happy writing

Julie xx

2 comments:

  1. I just had contact from someone who saw my recent article in Dogs Monthly and it has led to a completely new idea for an article. I am going to spend 2013 following through my ideas instead of sitting on them for months.
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete