Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Back to Basics

I decided this morning to restart this blog again. You may remember that I closed it down at the end of August last year due to time constraints but as my article writing and short story writing are so different I wanted to have a blog for both again so I could do each facet of my writing justice.

I have had great success with my article writing and I'm working hard to keep the momentum going. One of my biggest successes has been the article series in Writers' News on writing groups and I'd like to say thank you to all the writing groups that have contributed to these.  Another recent success has been having an article accepted by Women's Fitness magazine which is to be published soon.

When I first started writing I never even dreamt that I would get articles published in magazines such as these, but I have and I'm working hard to write articles for new markets too. It can be done! You need a lot of determination and perseverance but it's not an impossible task - even when you consider the competition out there and the recession.

This blog will be bringing you snippets of the good advice I received when I was starting out and what I've learnt since then . I hope the advice given here will also help you too. If you have any questions about getting your articles into print or any advice you would like to offer then do contact me.

Best wishes

Julie

2 comments:

  1. I am thrilled to see this blog back Julie, I really want to get some articles out there in different markets now and look forward to your advice. I always feel so motivated when I read this blog. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Di,

    I thought it was about time I brought it back! Will post again when I'm back from back!

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete