Tuesday, 28 June 2011

One step at a time

I've finally done it. Well, my husband did, if I'm honest. I sent him out an a magazine hunt at Tescos last night: his mission (if he chose to accept it) was to find me two magazines to pitch articles to. Now, I sent him out, not because I was feeling particularly lazy and just couldn't be bothered, but because he doesn't know anything about the topics I like to write about or which magazines I'd like to write for. So by getting him to choose the magazines he might well have chosen magazines I wouldn't have dared to approach before! I also can't deploy any bias or prejudice to my options or just go for what I consider to be easy markets.

You see, there is method in my madness. I now have two magazines that I don't normally buy to peruse and pitch to. If I send him out each week doing this, I'll end up with a possible 8 new potential markets to target each month. The possibilities are endless.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Happy writing

Julie xx

2 comments:

  1. That's a brilliant challenge Julie, you are brave, he could have been really mean with his choices! Good luck and look forward to hearing how you get on. Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was quite nervous about it, Di, but he was kind to me! I'm hoping to pitch some ideas to the new mags as soon as as I've read them through a few times.

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete