Saturday, 5 March 2011

It's work really ........ honest!

It's the perfect excuse. I get to sit on the sofa drinking coffee while perusing a variety of lovely magazines and it's all in the name of research! It's amazing what you can learn about the types of features and articles the magazine editors want simply by reading from cover to cover the magazine they edit. I've already been inspired and have come up with several ideas I'm going to pitch to the editors next week.

It's raining outside, my new writing room is finished and I'm all set up in there. What could be better? Well, a publishing deal would be great thank you very much, but until that happens (if it happens,) I'm content on working hard towards my writing goals and having a lot of fun on the way. I'm not sure where my new found confidence and renewed energy has come from: turning 40? A couple of events that have happened to me over the last week that have opened my eyes and made me change direction? The Spring air? I don't know. But I'm determined to utilise my increased enthusiasm while it lasts. Make hay while the sun shines as they say.

I hope you're busy making hay too.

Julie xx

5 comments:

  1. Julie, I hope you enjoy being forty, it's been the best time of my life! Yes it's a miserable looking day today but I have loved every minute of it as it really feels like spring. Got close to the first lambs, the Easter Bunny is in residence and I feel totally inspired in my writing. Can't wait to see piccies of your new room. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited that I've entered into my fourth decade, but it's been a little bit daunting too! I managed to take my daughter out to the playground for a while this AM before the rain came, so that was great. I love seeing all the bulbs flowering - they are so beautiful and cheery!

    Will post pics of new writing room tomorrow! I'm so, so pleased with it.

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not making hay, exactly, more like very hard work, but I've almost completed the editing of my next novel and I'm shattered. So pleased you are feeling so upbeat.. Hugs... xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I hate to bring bad news, but when you hit 40, it means you're entering your fifth decade.

    Looking forward to entering my fifth decade within the next ten days :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh shut up you, Simon! I can tell you used to work in a bank! Well I'm going backwards in my decades so there. I'm still only thirty ten!

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete