Thursday, 24 February 2011

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait

I haven't had much luck on the article front recently, but that's because I've been focusing on my short stories. Today, however, I had a lovely surprise when the postman delivered a brown envelope with a copy of This England with one of my articles in it (archery) and a cheque! Now, I sent this article in a couple of years ago and had forgotten about it  -  so it was great to see it in this magazine. It was extra special as I have now sold, and had published two articles out of the one subject.

Lesson learned? Don't give up on your past submissions  -  sometimes it just takes a little (or a lot) of time for them to get to publication! It's also spurred me on to get cracking with more article pitches.

Happy writing

Julie xx

6 comments:

  1. Crikey Julie, it's like switiching chanels and finding different news with your two blogs! Brilliant news, congratulations!
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Di (again!)

    I should do hourly news bulletins on one blog and play a blockbuster premier film on the other! Thank you! It was such a wonderful surprise and has given me the boost I nneeded to get article writing again.

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else!



    Web Designing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never give up! I once sold a children's story that I submitted six years before the publisher contacted me. I had forgotten it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing, Jan!I'm sure I'd have forgotten about it too!

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete