Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Whoopsie. Mr Magoo lives!

Guess who arranged to meet a local author in a cafe but managed to go to the cafe next door? We were both sitting at the same window seat in the respective cafes, waiting for each other! Each of us was worrying that something ghastly had happened to the other as neither of us had driven by ourselves for a long time and we needed the practice! It's a good job we are good friends and can see the funny side of it!  But not very professional on my part - completely my fault for not looking where I'm going properly. Note to self and other journalists: make sure you know where you are meeting your interviewee and make sure you go through the right door! If it's in a cafe/restaurant ask the waitress or owner just to make sure.

Don't think I'm ever going to live this down! Still it gave us both a laugh once we realised we were both okay, even if I was and still am a little embarrassed.

Julie xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear. That sort of thing happens to me all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but at least the incident has given you something to write about :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Helen.

    I'm glad it's not just me. I still don't know how the hell I managed it. Hey ho!

    Was it your good self I saw in Woman's Weekly the other week - or was it another magazine? No it was my dad's copy of That's Life I think re health?

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely, Simon. There's never a dull moment here as you well know! You know what I'm like. And I'm going to be in a clasroom of kids, supposedly helping the teacher - they have no chance do they!

    Have you found your lost tassel yet? Now I know what you got up to Caerleon and the other writers' holiday, Cabaret Boy! Giving talks indeed - not!

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete