Thursday, 25 February 2010

One down, one to go.

I submitted an article yesterday so I have one more to go of my present batch of articles and that will be it for a while (she says!) My writing tends to go in cycles where I either have the urge to write articles, or short stories, or poems, or novels and I feel that I have just come to the end of my article writing phase. I've looked for inspiration in article writing but nothing grabs my attention enough at the moment, so until I find something that does, I'll be taking this hiatus as an opportunity to get back to my fiction writing (but I'll still cary on doing my journalism course too).

The good news is that my article about archery will be in the March Issue of Shropshire Life - there is a version of it on their website http://www.shropshirelifemagazine.co.uk/ with a gallery slide show of  the photos I took too! After the issues and frustrations I had with another magazine who wouldn't even see the article because they thought my photos weren't good enough, the feeling my article has been published by another magazine is sweet!

So don't be put off or despair if one magazine says no to your articles  - it's not the end of the world! Have another look at it and look at the submission guidelines for other magazines that may take it, edit it to their style and specifications and pitch it!! You may be pleasantly surprised, as I was.

Happy writing and don't stop searching for new things  to write about or new markets to aim for.

Julie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment