Thursday, 31 December 2009

So what's in store for me in 2010

I haven't got a clue! But I find that both exciting and scary. It's exciting as I don't know which magazine I'm going to target next and I don't know when the articles I know I've had accepted are going to be published and I still have some out there awaiting a verdict. I also have two more to edit this weekend and send off early next week.

It's scary as I don't know when my luck will run out. Can I continue to grow and mature as a writer? Or will I find my writing ability and urge will wane so I never get anything published again. I know, I know think positive! It's just that I haven't done any 'real' writing for a while over the festivities and I'm worried that when I do go back into it from Saturday, I won't be able to! Daft, huh? But I needed the break and I hope when I do start back at it my writing will benefit.

With it being the new year tomorrow and it being the tradition to make resolutions and out with old, in with the new, here are my top resolutions for 2010:

1. I will not beat myself up for not taking an opportunity or for messing a submission or proposal up - I will, instead, look at grasping every reasonable opportunity I can and submit better articles and proposals.

2. I will not waste my time chasing the impossible - ie if a magazine doesn't rate the quality of my photos I won't care so much or propose articles to them again, as there's nothing I can at the moment. What I will do, if I feel it will help my writing career in the future, is take a photography course and buy better photographic equipment when I can afford to do so.

3. I will not waste time procrastinating or moaning that I don't have enough time to write. I will just get on with it and make more time to write and organise the time I do have better.

4.I will not stick my head in the sand when I hear nothing back from editors! I will contact them when a reasonable time has passed so that if they say no I can pitch it elsewhere.

5. I will not stick my fingers in my ears and sing 'La,La,la,La' when new opportunities present themselves because I think I'm bot capable of doing them. I will push myself next year to seek out new avenues for my writing. I can not I can't will be my new mantra!

Happy New Year!

Julie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment