Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Persistence really does pay off

I've been sending off a lot of proposals to a lot of magazines, as regular followers of this blog know. I was recently having a whinge about the black hole my proposals seemed to be sucked into lately, being spat out and floating forever more into distant space. But WF came to the rescue and Carl gave me advice on pitches as well as accepting a proposal on Nano from me. There's an article in this month's WF about pitching to editors - read it,it's excellent.

Also, today I decided to hone my pitching skills and pitched an idea to WM. I have been pitching to WM forever and a day and so was not really expecting any joy. But the editor emailed back and has accepted my article proposal for WN WM's sister publication. This is great news for me and I am thrilled to the core!

It seems I'm going to be a busy girl over the next few weeks. But I wouldn't have it any other way.
Happy writing

Julie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment