Thursday, 3 December 2009

Never Say Never

If I ever moan about my article proposals disappearing into the Bermuda triangle or other such place of mysterious disappearances please tell me to shut up! I now have three article proposals accepted! So I'm going to be a very busy woman over the next few weeks!

I also held my first international phone interview this evening. I spoke with one of the members of the NaNo team for my NaNo article and I really enjoyed it. It was a bit tense worrying about time zones and what time of day it was in America but all was well in the end and I got some great quotes. So thanks, NaNo!

I also spent a lovely day with children's book author Carole Anne Carr and if you go to her blog (click on her name above) you will see a photograph and posting about the interview! Thanks for a wonderful interview and delicious lunch. My husband and I were well and truly spoilt! I am so appreciative of Carole's generosity, not only for the interview, lunch and copy of her book Little Boy Good For Nothing And The Shongololo for my daughter, but also for the loan of some excellent writing books and loads of writing advice she gave me. If you think your writing life is flagging and you're feeling uninspired - take a look at Carole's blog and website - it will make you feel ashamed of yourself - she's so dynamic and works hard for her books.

Also, take a look at this website from WIRE Women In Rural Enterprise. Carole is a member and has encouraged me to join to. They give support to women in business (freelance writers/authors included) and hold local meetings where people can network and learn ways to improve their business.

A happy end to a very fulfilling writing based day so I'd advise you to get out there and get new experiences to enjoy and write about so you can take your writing forward. Pick up the phone first thing tomorrow and make that date for that interview for one of your articles. It's worth it and you owe it to your writing to grab those writing opportunities that are out there if you look hard enough.

Happy writing

Julie

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant. You're doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Helen. I'll never moan again!

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete