Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Letting Go

I always hesitate before I pop my finished articles in the post, or press send on my computer keyboard if emailing them. I never see my writing as finished, you see, and to be honest if I didn't make myself send my work out there, I'd be dithering about, editing and re-editing for years!

Today I again threw all caution to the wind and pressed that send button. It was a risk, but it paid off as I have had my second article accepted in a Shropshire glossie! It's expected to be published in the spring. I am so glad I pushed my anxiety out of the way and just did it.

I am now going to finish of an article I've written and propose the article to an editor of a writing magazine. I like the fact that I can write about a wide range of subjects for my articles. I used to think I had to be an 'expert' in the subjects I wrote about it and I wouldn't write about subjects I knew little about. But so far I've written, and had accepted/published articles on: archery, a wildlife center, writing, and amateur dramatics! The only subject out of that lot I felt confident writing about was writing! It pays to spread your freelance writing wings and pick subjects you've never thought of writing about before. I've had such fun researching and have met some incredible people. And I can't wait to get out there and research and meet some more facinating people.

Julie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment