Thursday, 17 September 2009

Articles or short stories?

I'm having a little creative battle in my brain at the moment. Half of me wants to get cracking on my Journalism course and writing more articles but the other half wants to write short stories! I also want to finishing judging the comp I'm involved in at the moment so that's taking priority at the moment.

I'm really keen to get something else published but it's the deciding what to do and waiting around for replies on the work I've already got out there that's the frustrating thing.

I suppose the answer is to just get a grip and do something rather that get myself into a tizzy mess and write nothing!

Julie xx

4 comments:

  1. I know this feeling so well. I split myself between short stories, articles and my novel and sometimes it just feels like too much. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Helen.

    I'm glad it's not just me who gets themselves into a tizzy!! I'm back into short story mode at the moment as I've just been judging some and it's got me in the mood!

    Good luck with your writing too - though you don't need it. I thought your 'lychees' story was excellent.

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had success with both, so it must be hard to decide what to concentrate on.

    Good luck, Julie.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been concentrating on articles for a while but I'm now more in the mood to go back to my short stories - I've been amazed and inspired by the recent successes of my fellow bloggers who have had short stories published. It's very motivating!
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete