Tuesday, 14 July 2009

Driving me Crazy!

I'm not having a very good writing day today. My get up and go seems to have got up and gone and it hasn't left a forwarding address or any indication as to where it has gone or when it may come back. A note wouldn't have gone amiss. If you are out there, Get Up and Go, please get in touch - I'm sure we can work something out. And I promise I won't work you so hard when (if) you come back.

I have spent the last two days trawling through all the information I was given and all the interviews and notes I took when I attended the Wenlock Olympian Society's games over the weekend. It's driving me crazy! I have a rudimentary article of the facts that will need a drastic face lift before it gets sent anywhere. And I have written down plans for a couple of other article ideas I have from the event.

I have, so far, sent proposals to two magazines and I'm waiting for their reply. I may be waiting some time, I know! But, hey ho, that's the nature of the beast I suppose. In the meantime I'm trying to access my emergency/reserve tanks of energy so I can carry on writing. And, yes, this blog post is an exercise in procrastination and diversion therapy! I'm also hoping it will encourage me to write the articles ......... soon. The trouble with me is that I have a butterfly mind and tend to flit from one article idea to another and then back again. My head is spinning. I so want to do well on these articles that I think I'm just putting too much pressure on myself and if I don't settle down soon I will be in danger of not writing anything and wasting the hard work I did and the opportunity I was given over the weekend. I'm sure I'll calm down in a bit!

We were given a media pack from the Wenlock Olympian Society and we can use some images from them, free of charge, and some we have to pay for.But I can't work out out to access these images and I've tried everything I can think of (we had a CD of all the stuff in the pack) to get them off the CD into my computer (you'll have to bear with me but I'm not technically minded) but I've failed miserably. I have resorted, at the risk of looking a prize idiot, to sending an email to the Society in the hope they will take pity on me and tell me how to do it! So watch this space!

I'm sure it will all come fine in the end and I will produce at least one article that is publishable! I just have to get over these couple of hurdles (pardon the pun): technical difficulties and confidence crisis and get on with it!

Hope everyone else is having a better writing day!

Julie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment